(a) In General.—The Commandant shall improve maritime domain awareness in the Arctic—
(1) by promoting interagency cooperation and coordination;
(2) by employing joint, interagency, and international capabilities; and
(3) by facilitating the sharing of information, intelligence, and data related to the Arctic maritime domain between the Coast Guard and departments and agencies listed in subsection (b).
(b) Coordination.—The Commandant shall seek to coordinate the collection, sharing, and use of information, intelligence, and data related to the Arctic maritime domain between the Coast Guard and the following:
(1) The Department of Homeland Security.
(2) The Department of Defense.
(3) The Department of Transportation.
(4) The Department of State.
(5) The Department of the Interior.
(6) The National Aeronautics and Space Administration.
(7) The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
(8) The Environmental Protection Agency.
(9) The National Science Foundation.
(10) The Arctic Research Commission.
(11) Any Federal agency or commission or State the Commandant determines is appropriate.
(c) Cooperation.—The Commandant and the head of a department or agency listed in subsection (b) may by agreement, on a reimbursable basis or otherwise, share personnel, services, equipment, and facilities to carry out the requirements of this section.
(d) 5-year Strategic Plan.—Not later than January 1, 2016 and every 5 years thereafter, the Commandant shall submit to the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation of the Senate and the Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure of the House of Representatives a 5-year strategic plan to guide interagency and international intergovernmental cooperation and coordination for the purpose of improving maritime domain awareness in the Arctic.
(e) Definitions.—In this section the term "Arctic" has the meaning given that term in section 112 of the Arctic Research and Policy Act of 1984 (15 U.S.C. 4111).
AMENDMENTS 2018—Pub. L. 115–282 renumbered section 154 of this title as this section.
14 U.S.C. § 714 (2018)