(a) In general
The President shall implement a National Quantum Initiative Program.
In carrying out the Program, the President, acting through Federal agencies, councils, working groups, subcommittees, and the Coordination Office, as the President considers appropriate, shall—
(1) establish the goals, priorities, and metrics for a 10-year plan to accelerate development of quantum information science and technology applications in the United States;
(2) invest in fundamental Federal quantum information science and technology research, development, demonstration, and other activities to achieve the goals established under paragraph (1);
(3) invest in activities to develop a quantum information science and technology workforce pipeline;
(4) provide for interagency planning and coordination of Federal quantum information science and technology research, development, demonstration, standards engagement, and other activities under the Program;
(5) partner with industry and universities to leverage knowledge and resources; and
(6) leverage existing Federal investments efficiently to advance Program goals and priorities established under paragraph (1).
Termination of Section For termination of section, see section 8815 of this title.
15 U.S.C. § 8811 (2018)