(a) Appointed and designated members
The Page Board shall consist of—
(1) two Members of the House appointed by the Speaker and two Members of the House appointed by the minority leader;
(2) one individual who, at any time during the 5-year period which ends on the date of the individual’s appointment, is or was a parent of a page participating in the program;
(3) one individual who is a former page of the House who is not a Member of the House or an individual described in paragraph (2); and
(4) the Clerk and the Sergeant at Arms of the House.
(b) Special rules for members representing parents and former pages
In the case of the members of the Page Board who are described in paragraphs (2) and (3) of subsection (a), the following shall apply:
(1) Each such member shall be appointed jointly by the Speaker and minority leader of the House of Representatives.
(2) Each such member shall serve for a term of one year and may be reappointed for additional terms if the member continues to meet the requirements for appointment.
(3) A vacancy in the position held by any such member shall be filled in the same manner as the original appointment. An individual appointed to fill a vacancy shall serve for the remainder of the original term and may be reappointed in accordance with paragraph (2).
(4) Each such member may be paid travel or transportation expenses, including per diem in lieu of subsistence, for attending meetings of the Page Board while away from the member’s home or place of business. There are authorized to be appropriated from the applicable accounts of the House of Representatives such sums as may be necessary for payments under this paragraph.
(c) "Member of the House" defined
As used in sections 4911 to 4913 of this title, the term "Member of the House" means a Representative in, and a Delegate or Resident Commissioner to, the Congress.
CODIFICATION Section was formerly classified to section 88b–3 of this title prior to editorial reclassification and renumbering as this section. Section is based on section 2 of House Resolution No. 611, Ninety-seventh Congress, Nov. 30, 1982, which was enacted into permanent law by Pub. L. 97–377.AMENDMENTS 2007—Subsec. (a)(1). Pub. L. 110–2, §2(a)(1), substituted "and two Members" for "and one Member". Subsec. (a)(2) to (4). Pub. L. 110–2, §2(a)(2)–(4), added pars. (2) and (3) and redesignated former par. (2) as (4). Subsecs. (b), (c). Pub. L. 110–2, §2(b), added subsec. (b) and redesignated former subsec. (b) as (c). 1998—Subsec. (a)(3). Pub. L. 105–275 inserted "and" at end of par. (1), substituted a period for "; and" at end of par. (2), and struck out par. (3) which read as follows: "the Architect of the Capitol." 1996—Subsec. (a)(2). Pub. L. 104–186 substituted "Clerk and the Sergeant" for "Clerk, Doorkeeper, and Sergeant".EFFECTIVE DATE OF 2007 AMENDMENT Amendment by Pub. L. 110–2 applicable with respect to the portion of the One Hundred Tenth Congress which begins after Feb. 2, 2007, and each succeeding Congress, see section 4 of Pub. L. 110–2, set out as a note under section 4911 of this title. EFFECTIVE DATE OF 1998 AMENDMENT Pub. L. 105–275, title I, §101(b), Oct. 21, 1998, 112 Stat. 2438, provided that: "The amendment made by subsection (a) [amending this section] shall apply with respect to the One Hundred Sixth Congress and each succeeding Congress."
2 U.S.C. § 4912 (2018)