(a) Fiscal year amounts
The Secretary shall, to the maximum extent practicable, expend the following amounts to satisfy the obligations of the Secretary under all contracts:
(1) For fiscal year 1996, $5,570,000,000.
(2) For fiscal year 1997, $5,385,000,000.
(3) For fiscal year 1998, $5,800,000,000.
(4) For fiscal year 1999, $5,603,000,000.
(5) For fiscal year 2000, $5,130,000,000.
(6) For fiscal year 2001, $4,130,000,000.
(7) For fiscal year 2002, $4,008,000,000.
The amount made available for a fiscal year under subsection (a) shall be allocated as follows:
(1) For wheat, 26.26 percent.
(2) For corn, 46.22 percent.
(3) For grain sorghum, 5.11 percent.
(4) For barley, 2.16 percent.
(5) For oats, 0.15 percent.
(6) For upland cotton, 11.63 percent.
(7) For rice, 8.47 percent.
The Secretary shall adjust the amounts allocated for each contract commodity under subsection (b) for a particular fiscal year by—
(1) adding an amount equal to the sum of all repayments of deficiency payments required under section 114(a)(2) of the Agricultural Act of 1949 (7 U.S.C. 1445j(a)(2)) for the commodity;
(2) adding an amount equal to the sum of all refunds of contract payments received during the preceding fiscal year under section 7216 of this title for the commodity; and
(3) subtracting an amount equal to the amount, if any, necessary during that fiscal year to satisfy payment requirements for the commodity under sections 103B, 105B, or 107B of the Agricultural Act of 1949 for the 1994 and 1995 crop years.
(d) Additional rice allocation
In addition to the adjustments required under subsection (c), the amount allocated under subsection (b) for rice contract payments shall be increased by $8,500,000 for each of fiscal years 1997 through 2002.
(e) Exclusion of certain amounts from contract payments
Any amount added pursuant to paragraphs (1) and (2) of subsection (c) to the amount available under subsection (a) for a fiscal year and paid to owners and producers under a contract shall not be treated as a contract payment for purposes of section 7215 of this title or section 1308(1) 1 of this title. However, the amount of a payment covered by this subsection may not exceed $50,000 per person.
(f) Effect of payment limitation
The amount available under subsection (a) for a fiscal year shall be reduced by an amount equal to the total amount of contract payments for the fiscal year that owners and producers forgo as a result of operation of the payment limitation under section 1308(1) 1 of this title.
REFERENCES IN TEXT Sections 103B, 105B, and 107B of the Agricultural Act of 1949, referred to in subsec. (c)(3), were classified to sections 1444–2, 1444f, and 1445b–3a, respectively, of this title prior to repeal by section 7301(b)(2)(A)–(D) of this title. Section 1308(1) of this title, referred to in subsecs. (e), (f), was repealed by Pub. L. 107–171, title I, §1603(a), May 13, 2002, 116 Stat. 213.
7 U.S.C. § 7213 (2018)