The following provisions are made with respect to the special needs of the leprosy patients residing in the Kalaupapa settlement—
(1) So long as the patients may direct, the Secretary shall not permit public visitation to the settlement in excess of one hundred persons in any one day.
(2) Health care for the patients shall continue to be provided by the State of Hawaii, with assistance from Federal programs other than those authorized herein.
(3) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, the Secretary shall provide patients a first right of refusal to provide revenue-producing visitor services, including such services as providing food, accommodations, transportation, tours, and guides.
(4) Patients shall continue to have the right to take and utilize fish and wildlife resources without regard to Federal fish and game laws and regulations.
(5) Patients shall continue to have the right to take and utilize plant and other natural resources for traditional purposes in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.
16 U.S.C. § 410jj-5 (2018)