(a) Duties of the Secretary
In addition to the duties prescribed under section 4009 of this title, the Secretary shall—
(1) review, for consistency with the provisions of this chapter and other applicable law, and approve or disapprove, marketing and promotion plans and budgets within sixty days after their submission by a council;
(2) immediately notify a council in writing of the disapproval of a marketing and promotion plan or budget, together with reasons for such disapproval;
(3) issue orders and amendments to such orders that are necessary to implement quality standards under section 4010(c) of this title;
(4) promulgate regulations necessary to carry out the purposes of this chapter;
(5) enforce the provisions of this chapter, as provided under section 4016 of this title; and
(6) make all appointments to councils in accordance with section 4009(f) of this title.
The Secretary may provide, on a reimbursable or other basis, such administrative or technical assistance as a council may request for purposes of the initial organization and subsequent operation of the council.
16 U.S.C. § 4011 (2018)