Congress finds that—
(1) 182 public transportation systems throughout the world have been primary targets of terrorist attacks;
(2) more than 6,000 public transportation agencies operate in the United States;
(3) people use public transportation vehicles 33,000,000 times each day;
(4) the Federal Transit Administration has invested $93,800,000,000 since 1992 for construction and improvements;
(5) the Federal investment in transit security has been insufficient; and
(6) greater Federal investment in transit security improvements per passenger boarding is necessary to better protect the American people, given transit’s vital importance in creating mobility and promoting our Nation’s economy.
6 U.S.C. § 1132 (2018)