(a) In general
The Authority shall provide assistance to States in developing regional plans to address multistate economic issues, including plans—
(1) to develop a regional transmission system for movement of renewable energy to markets outside the region;
(2) to address regional transportation concerns, including the establishment of a Northern Great Plains Regional Transportation Working Group;
(3) to encourage and support interstate collaboration on federally-funded research that is in the national interest; and
(4) to establish a Regional Working Group on Agriculture Development and Transportation.
(b) Economic issues
The multistate economic issues referred to in subsection (a) shall include—
(1) renewable energy development and transmission;
(2) transportation planning and economic development;
(3) information technology;
(4) movement of freight and individuals within the region;
(5) federally-funded research at institutions of higher education; and
(6) conservation land management.
CODIFICATION Pub. L. 110–234 and Pub. L. 110–246 enacted identical sections. Pub. L. 110–234 was repealed by section 4(a) of Pub. L. 110–246.PRIOR PROVISIONS A prior section 383C of Pub. L. 87–128, title III, was renumbered section 383D and is classified to section 2009bb–2 of this title.EFFECTIVE DATE Enactment of this section and repeal of Pub. L. 110–234 by Pub. L. 110–246 effective May 22, 2008, the date of enactment of Pub. L. 110–234, see section 4 of Pub. L. 110–246, set out as a note under section 8701 of this title.
7 U.S.C. § 2009bb-1a (2018)