In carrying out this subchapter, the Director of a Rural Economic and Community Development State Office shall—
(1) to the maximum extent practicable, ensure that the State strategic plan referred to in section 2009c of this title is implemented;
(2) coordinate community development objectives within the State;
(3) establish links between local, State, and field office program administrators of the Department of Agriculture;
(4) ensure that recipient communities comply with applicable Federal and State laws and requirements; and
(5) integrate State development programs with assistance under this subchapter.
7 U.S.C. § 2009l (2018)